At Green Hat Consulting we are a group of experienced industry experts with a real passion for improving the construction industry.
Our Fire Safety Services Department continues to grow and we are always looking for new and experienced talent to join our team.
Therefore if you are looking for a new role as a Fire Engineer/Consultant we want to hear from you.
At Green Hat Consulting Fire we support construction companies at every stage of the project cycle, in areas of Health & Safety, Principal Designer, Environmental, Sustainability, Tender & Bid Management, Fire Safety services, O& M manuals, Management Systems and ISO certifications.
We know from experience that every client is different with different requirements and concerns. We too are different. We work with forward-looking clients understanding and delivering their needs and providing reassurance.
Green Hat Consulting is now a genuine ‘One Stop Shop’ for all your construction support needs.
We continuously to promote Fire Safety Management across the industry, as not only a requirement under UK fire safety law, but as a virtual part of every element of a project, in protecting live, properties, businesses and the environment.
The Green Hat Consulting Fire Safety Services department is a team of experienced fire consultants who assist our clients to understand the importance of fire safety, provide them with comprehensive fire strategies throughout the life cycle of a project within the built environment. We help our client make informed decisions and have the best available information and advice.
Description of role
· Provide Fire Safety Consultancy.
· Undertake a variety of site audits and risk assessments and inspections proficiently at clients’ premises including fire risk assessments, demonstrating a sound understanding of legislation
· Develop proactive fire risk management strategies for client
· Take responsibility and manage projects and clients assigned to you and deal with client enquiries an appropriate manner and timely fashion.
· Creating fire strategy solutions for clients within the built environment
· Keep up to date with the latest fire safety legislation and guidance, including BS9999, Approved Document B.
· Apply and tailor fire safety and escape requirements to building designs and construction projects.
· Deliver general, professional health and safety and fire safety advice to clients
· Undertake fire safety assessments of design, with the intent of achieving a compliant design that reduces fire risks.
· Completing basic heat flux and flame length calculations, to support effective mitigation of fire.
· Attend Project/Client safety meetings.
· Working with a wide range of project stakeholders, including regulators, customers, system engineers, layout engineers, contract teams, etc. in the design of fire safety and escape systems to achieve a solution that is both compliant and practical.
· Maintain systems for Client records and projects.
· Supporting clients in developing a fire safety management system to British Standards
· Review and implement requirements under the new building safety management bill.
· Be able to juggle multiple projects of work, whilst working to tight deadlines.
· Maintain and actively ensure GH quality systems and documented information is always maintained.
· Promote and maintain across the business the application of project procedures, disciplines and recording and reporting standards.
· Develop and support effective communication within the Fire Safety Team.
· Promoting and where identifying opportunities to improve the departments excellent service standards
· Maintaining professional competence and professional memberships by ensuring that they remain up to date with changes and developments in fire legislation, guidance, and best practice.
· A good background knowledge of fire safety legislation and standards
Skills / Qualifications- we are open to consider applications with any of the following:
A recognised fire risk assessment course such as:
FPA Level 3 Certificate in Fire Risk Assessment
Level 4 IFE Diploma as a minimum
MIFSM, MIFireE, AIFireE or GIFireE
• Experience in advising, improving and supporting fire safety management within the built environment, covering residential, offices, sleeping accommodation and other commercial properties that are complex and/or tall buildings
• Developed and delivered a significant number of retrospective fire strategies with existing properties.
• Have the capabilities to prepare a safety case for a highrise residential block.
Strong Analytical approach
Excellent Organisational skills – to manage tight deadlines.
Ability to prioritize works
Able to manage a busy workload.
Adapts to changes in deadlines.
Calm under pressure.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Attention to Detail
Strong report writing skills
Experience in the construction/built environment industry
Experienced of Timber Frame
GreenHat Consulting Ltd, are open to consider Fire Consultants that don't have an Built Environment or Engineering background /Qualifications, but do have experience of Fire Risks assessments of high rise/high rise buildings including residential, Ideally you would be a member of the IfireE or equivalent.
Green Hat Consulting are members of the Fire Protection Association.
Send your CV and covering letter to: Heidi@greenhat-consulting.co.uk